2013 (and the end of 2012) came and went and apparently so did my will to write. To make the situation even worse, I lost ALL my notes and pictures from the past year, then miraculously recovered the first set of notes I lost from 2012. With the help of Instagram and the magic of screenshots I was able to put the pieces together for the first post of the year. Warning: This post will look kind of dicey due to the lack of pics and descriptions, but the numbers are all that matter right now. Enjoy!
#183 Sam Adams Oktoberfest (ABV 5.3%)
#184 Jailhouse Breakout Stout (ABV 7.8%)
#185 Thomas Creek Brewery Up The Creek Extreme IPA (ABV 12.5%)
#186 Founder’s Breakfast Stout (ABV 8.3%)
One of my favorite stouts EVER! Strong chocolate flavor, a hint of oats, with a coffee finish. It sounds crazy, but I almost wanted to chew it, I think it was the oats tricking me. Thumbs Up.
#187 Sierra Nevada Harvest (ABV 6.7%)
Honestly can’t remember if it was the Northwestern or Southwestern.
#188 Lagunitas Hop Stoopid (ABV 8%)
#196 Bridgeport Brewing Company India Pale Ale (ABV 5.5%)
Side Note: If I was on my game at the time I would’ve written a post about the Cincinnati beer scene and Jungle Jim’s Beer Festival. The Jungle Jim’s Beer Festival put every beer festival (I’ve attended) to shame. Slightly cheaper and a meal, pretzels, and water were included in the price. Step it up, Atl.
#204 Gouden Carolus Hopsinjoor (ABV 8%) and #205 Evil Twin Molotov Cocktail (ABV 13%)
Mid-week trip to Brick Store Pub with CB. We met a few creeps, but the beers were great as usual. Sorry, no pic.
#206 SweetWater Brewery Lowrider IPA (ABV 6.2%)
#207 Flying Dog Brewery Snake Dog IPA (ABV 7.10%)
#208 Samuel Adams Double Agent-IPL(ABV 5%)
#209 Tap Room 21 Amber Ale (ABV 4.8%)
#212 Mother Earth Sunny Haze (ABV 5%)
#213 Monday Night Brewing Eye Patch Ale (6.20%)
#220 Evil Twin Brewing Ryan and the Beaster Bunny (ABV 7%)
I bought it, because of the name. It took 220 beers for me to realize that I’m not into farmhouse ales. With that being said, it was just ok.
#222 Weyerbacher Brewing Co. Seventeen (ABV 10.5%)
The first beer I’ve ever poured out. I gave it the side thumb, because I dug the banana and spice notes. Other than that, no thanks. Another farmhouse fail for me.
#227 Oskar Blue Brewing Ten Fiddy Imperial Stout (10.5%)
#230 Terrapin Beer Co. Wake N’ Bake Coffee Oatmeal Stout (ABV 8.6%)
Recommendation from the bartender at Hop City Birmingham. Black coffee, oats, and a hint of cocoa! Another amazing stout! Thumbs Up!
#234 Left Hand Brewing Co. Milk Stout Nitro (ABV 6%)
Since this is America’s Stout, I’m going to compare it America’s Team the Dallas Cowboys. You expect it to be good, but it’s a total let down. Side Thumb.
#235 MOA Brewing Co Imperial Stout (ABV 10.2%)
Aged in Pinot Noir Barrels! Heavy pinot noir flavor with hints of malts and cocoa. Better than I expected. Thumbs up!
High Fives and Thumbs Up
1. The beginning of what hopefully is another fun filled year.
2. The return of Workaholics on Comedy Central.
3. Smyrna Beer Market! That place is going to get me in trouble.
4. Al Rocker for going in on the local and state government for their lack of preparation before the “ice storm”.
5. The Good Samaritans that pushed my car up the ice Cumberland Blvd hill 2 weeks ago.
Thumbs Down and WTFs
1. The Atlanta “Ice Storm” of 2014… or as I like to call it FAilTL. I’ve already gotten on my soapbox about this issue, but I’d like to state again how ridiculous this whole thing is. I put quotes around ice storms, because I have driven in worse conditions. 2 inches shut down a whole city? C’mon!
2. Myself, for failing to rate most of the beers in this post.
3. Sharing beer when you don’t really want to. I offered my uncle beer without thinking and had to fork over a Bell’s Expedition Stout. He didn’t like it, but finished it anyway. S/o Uncle Rick!
Oh, and s/o to the IG handles featured in the post!