In typical BeerLaughLove.com style, I drink more than I write which leads to posts, such as this.
#159 Red Hare Imperial Red IPA (ABV 9.4 %)
Nah, it was ok. Nothing fany to remember. No pic. Mental side thumb.
#160 Country Boy Brewing Lazy Rye Pale Ale (6.2%)
Hoppy with slight caramel taste. Thats all I wrote in my phone. Thumbs up.
#161 Country Boy Brewing Brown Chicken, Brown Cow (ABV 4.8%)
Water, chocolate, and toffee. I don’t know if that was a bad batch or what, but I was not a fan. No pic. Thumbs down. All the way down.
#162 O’Fallon Brewery Hemp Hop Rye Amber Ale (ABV 5.50 %)
#163 Southern Tier Eurotrash Pilz (ABV 5.2 %)
I was intrigued by the name “Eurotrash”. I should’ve left it on the shelf. Not bad, but not impressive. Side Thumb.
#164 Bluegrass Brewing Company Saison (ABV 4.9%)
Awesomeness in a bottle. You can never go wrong with a saison. Thumbs Up!
Originally there was suppose to be a sepearate post just for my trip to KY and the breweries. Clearly that didn’t happen, but here are a few scenes from the tour.
#165 5 Seasons Centennial IPA (ABV ???%)
Floral and grassy with bold orange and grapefruit flavors. Smelled bread and my burps smelled like flowers. Love! Thumbs Up!
#166 Oscar Blues Dale’s Pale Ale (ABV 6.5%)
Lemon, orange, grapefuit, and hops. Surprisingly good. I would have taken a pic, but we were at Sound Table observing the snobs. Thumbs up.
#167 Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA (ABV 6%)
90 Minutes little brother. Still just as good. Thumbs up
#168 Red Brick Brewing Company Hoplanta (ABV 6.7%)
Pretty good. No details written and of course I can’t remeber any deatil. Thumbs up I guess.
#169 Unita Brewing Company Hop Notch (ABV 7.3%)
It got a thumbs up so I guess I liked it?
High Fives and Shout Outs
1. University of Alabama Football is back baaybee! Prepare for domination. Roll MF Tide!
2. Newman’s Own has wine! I haven’t tried it yet, but I love almost (the frozen meals were not a hit for me) anything made by the company. Plus, all profits go to charities. Drinking for a cause? Yes, please.
3. Lindsey’s first craft beer! Leikengule Summer Shandy was a semi-winner.
Thumbs Downs and WTFs
1. The price of premium gas. You regular gas peeps are living the dream.
2. The Rep/Dem, Mitt/Obama Facebook Beefs. I’m all about freedom of speech, but some people need to chill. In the words of Bad Boy’s former golden boy Mase… “East, west, every state, c’mon bury the hate.”
Oh… and special s/o to Tammy! An amazing lady I met at the Great Atlanta Beer Festival who tried to convince me that Montgomery isn’t a scary place. Roll Tide, girl!