The Place: Red Hare Brewery, Marietta, GA
The Peeps: Rianna, Gabby, and C.B.
The Beers: #134 Chocolate Porter (ABV 8%), #135 Gangway IPA (ABV 6.2%), #136 Watership Brown (ABV 7.25), #137 Long Day Lager (ABV 5.2%)
This was my first adventure to Red Hare Brewery in Marietta, GA. I read good review about it, so I had to go see what the fuss was about. Enjoy!
#134 Red Hare Chocolate Porter (ABV 8%)
Porter aren’t my favorite, but this was a damn (sorry mom) good one. Its kind of hard to explain, but it was like drinking roasty chocholate magic. You have to try it for yourself. Thumbs up!
#135 Red Hare Gangway IPA (ABV 6.2%)
Awesome IPA! I’m not going to lie, I wasn’t expecting it to be THAT good. It hit all the key flavors of IPA with just a teeny bit of a sweetness. I drank all the first glass and had to get another so I could take the picture. Thumbs up!
#136 Red Hare Watership Brown Ale (ABV 7.25)
This beer has more hops than most brown ales I’ve tasted, but not in a bad way. Hints of sweetness and a roasty finish. Another winner! Thumbs up!
#137 Red Hare Long Day Lager (ABV 5.2%)
Perfect balance of citrus and sweet flavors with some maltyness (Is that a word?). I haven’t tried many lagers during my adventure, but this is the best so far. Thumbs up!
As you can tell from the ratings I REALLY liked the beer at Red Hare. The brewery/tasting room has a laid back “where everyone knows your name” type atmosphere ( Probably because I was chatting it up with fellow Bama alum and fans). It seems like they are still trying to find a swag/vibe to set them apart from the other local breweries, but its a new establishment so they’ll figure it out. In all, it was good adventure with even better beer. I will definately be back!
High Fives and Shout Outs
- The Crimson Tide and the extremely high possiblity of playing in the BCS National Championship! RMFT!
- Pinterest! If you don’t know what I’m talking about, don’t go the website. It will suck you in like a black hole.
- Iron Bowl 2011. Bama 41-Auburn 14. Nothing more to say about that.
Thumb Downs and WTFs
- LSU everything. Yeah, I’m still on that.
- All the crybaby hater raiders (especially Kirk Herbstreit) at ESPN and their BCS talk. If you don’t want to see an Bama/LSU Championship rematch don’t watch. Maybe you should talk to the BCS King (who in my mind would look like the Burger King mask) and tell him about how unfair it is.
I hope everyone’s holiday season is off to a good start. I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to bust a move and wear tacky Christmas sweaters. Remember to drink responsibly and keep those cabs/taxis on speed dial. Cheers!