I’m not gonna lie. I didn’t know it was Stout Day until I read a tweet from Beer Advocate this afternoon . Even though I typically don’t go for stout, I couldn’t ignore today’s celebration. I made a beeline straight from work to Sherlock’s. Actually, I had to drop of my car pool buddy, then I went to Sherlock’s. As soon as I walk to the beer section I spot good ol’ Tyler! Told him the deal, he knew what was up, and the rest is Stout Day history.
#135 Port Brewing Santa’s Little Helper Imperial Stout (ABV 10%)
I’m pretty sure I poured the first glass way to fast because foam was almost spilling over the top of the glass. Stouts are usually not my favorite, but this was awesome! Its the perfect balance of cocoa, coffee, toffee and malts with a dab of caramel. Smooth from beginning to end. Hooray! Thumb Up!
High Fives and Shout Outs
1. Tyler for another great recommendation. You never fail!
2. My self for beering and blogging in the same night. Probably not the best idea, but I got my post done in a timely manner.
3. MTV for bringing back Beavis and Butt-Head. Keep filling my Thursday nights with brain melting nonsense.
4. Hov and Yezzy for rocking my face off at WTT last Saturday.
Thumbs Downs and WTF’s
1. My beer glass collection. I REALLY need to invest in appropriate beer glassware. Not that I don’t appreciate my nowhere near impressive collection of pint glasses, but I need to step my game up.
2. Huge WTF to Foster The People courtesy of Vh1 Pop-up Video. If I would’ve known that “Pumped Up Kicks” is about a a crazy kid doing a school shooting I wouldn’t sing it at the top of my lungs when I’m in the car. Now I feel guilty. Oh, I still sing, but I feel horrible after.
Special Shout out to all my peeps for continuing to read about my beer shenanigans and to BeerBeauty for being my first “kind of a big deal” follower on Twitter. Oh… and to my mom for sweating me about sending shout outs (how does she know what a s/o is?). Thanks again! Peace!