The Place: Peters Street, Atlanta, GA
The Peeps: Turtle and Stone
The Beer: #102 Carling Canada Black Lable (ABV 5.0%)
My friends from high school were in town for a fellow Chattanoogan’s party. We hung out with old acquaintances, made too many new ones, and were completely over dressed while we did it. Despite two shoe changes and an incident with 4 Locos, we managed to have a good time.
#102 Carling Canada Black
The beer choices were limited at the party so it was either this or PBR. Even though the can was kind of scary the beer wasn’t that bad. There wasn’t anything that stood out about it. It has the same crispy, fizzy, slightly metallic after taste of most “lower class” beers. I gave it a thumbs up, because I was in party mode and it wasn’t awful, but in real life I probably would have given this beer a slight side thumb on the lower end of down.
High Fives and Shout Outs
1. To me and 100 other people who participated in Michael Jackson flashmob on Saturday at Atlantic Station. I was a little sad that it wasn’t more of a surprise, but it was still fun! (I’m in the back wearing bright red shoes… Those are Toms by the way :0))
2. My old school ND girls! We haven’t all hung out (peacefully) since good knows when! It was too much fun (Yes, there is such a thing as too much fun). Special shout out to Stone, my new beer partner!
3. Gilles! I’ve heard about him (per J. Nguyen facebook statuses), but it was my first time seeing him perform that night. It’s refreshing to hear good music again. http://supergilles.com/
4. The parking attendant that let us park for free at Hole in the Wall. I don’t know what was said to convince you to be so nice and probably don’t want to know, but I appreciate it.
5. The art gallery on Peters Street for having those bombs a #% mini poppy seed muffins.
Thumbs downs and WTFs
1. 4 Locos… Nothing more to say about that.
2. My stomach for being the organ’s equivalent of a gold digger. Cheap=Rejection!