Remember in my last post when I said I was caught up with all my posts? I lied! I forgot about a beer and have added 3 more to the list. Maybe I’m moving too fast? NEVER! Anyway… I drove up to Chatt to support the Glamourlyke kids at Riverbend, see the Beach Boys and try some local beer. Only one of the three turned out well…
The Place: Taco Mac, Downtown Chattanooga
The Peeps: Toya S., Tanayo(sp) T., Turtle W.
The Beer: #96 Big River Chatt Steamer (ABV 4.2%)
Umm… Where do I start? I was very disappointed in my first Chatt beer. It was a below average amber ale with a lot of carbonation. I tasted more fizz from the carbonation than actual flavor. I could taste faint flavors of hops and malt, but I could just be making that up. Side Thumb. You can do better Chatt!
Now let me crank it up on Taco Mac real quick! I didn’t think it was possible to have a WTF moment at a Taco Mac. WRONG! Since when is it ok for a waitress to leave someone else’s dirty dishes at your table to help another customer? Did I miss something? As a matter of fact, I think I’m stilling waiting for her to bring me a water. I try to be a fair tipper, but ya girl got no love from our table that night. On a better note, I found out from the Taco Mac menu that Star Hill The “Love” Wheat is a Hefeweizen made in Virginia. Other than that nothing good came from that experience.
High Fives and Shout Outs
- Glamourlyke for doing putting on an awesome show at Riverbend. If I would have paid to get in I would have gotten money’s worth.
- Whoever is responsible for Super Corndogs. Marry me.
- My sweet cousin for giving up his Riverbend pin for the night. You save me $25!
Blank Stares and WTFs
- The Beach Boys for not playing ANY of my jams while I was at Riverbend. Would have killed you to play Surfing USA, Help Me Rhonda, or California Girls? I’m thinking about boycotting the show at Cobb Energy Center in September.
- Myself for messing up the beer count for a second time. I’ve got to do better.